Friday, July 2, 2010

Shredding

Just wanted to quickly update my birthday woes. I was granted my wish of a birthday redo by my very fabulous and charming boyfriend. He totally surprised me at dinner last night- which I believe is the first he pulled a trick like this.

Plus, I spent all day yesterday and today shredding old files at my job. It was super therapeutic to do one activity over and over again... especially when that assignment is to destroy things. I just sang show tunes as I thought viciously to myself: "HAHAHAHA Applicant A from 1995... you FAILED."

I then started to feel some sympathy for them. Here I was, singing "What I Did For Love" while ripping apart their resumes, cover letters, and recommendations. One by one, I was erasing our department's memory of their application and credentials. After doing the job applications for awhile, I couldn't help but wonder if someone out there is currently destroying
my application while singing songs from Chorus Line. Allow me to cheese it up by quoting some Armageddon:
Grace Stamper: Baby, do you think its possible that anyone else in the world is doing this very same thing at this very same moment?
A.J.: I hope so, otherwise, what the hell are
we trying to save?


Oh God, now I have "Leaving on a Jet Plane" and various other Aerosmith songs stuck in my head. Damn my vast terrible movie knowledge... you fail me again.



No comments:

Post a Comment